Each year, Madison Rotarians brighten Thanksgiving for twenty needy families in the area. Members donate the food supplies and assemble boxes that are delivered to counselors at West Madison Elementary and Mill Creek Elementary. The counselors identify families who need some help each year providing a festive and wholesome Thanksgiving dinner.
We took advantage of February’s record warm weather to join CASA in building a wheelchair ramp. Even our kids came out to participate in this great service project. Contact us if you’d like to participate in our next Done-in-a-Day Project.
DONE-IN-A-DAY Projects cover just about anything you can imagine. When we find a need, we find a day to put our “Service Above Self” motto to work. These one day projects have included
- collecting food and delivering annual Thanksgiving Boxes to local families
- ringing bells for the Salvation Army
- supporting a Wounded Warrior Softball Game
- working with CASA to build a wheelchair ramp
- participating in the annual SS Kids Program (school supplies)
- cleaning graffiti from Rainbow Mountain hiking trails
- installing insulation for a local needy family
- collecting and delivering health and hygiene products to the Huntsville Inner City Learning Center
While some are annual projects, others are performed to satisfy a one-time need. For some, we team with other charitable organizations, and for others we solely provide the service. Often, the project benefits a large group while others may serve just one individual. But, regardless of the magnitude, every one of these projects changes someone’s life. If you’d like to participate, let us know. I’m sure we can talk one of the kids out of his drill.